IMPORTANT: In response to the current Corona pandemic we will only be assigning one rental bike per person per day. This is to accommodate proper sanitation of helmets, elbow pads, knee pads and bikes. On the system you will see only the morning slot as an option, SELECT THE MORNING SLOT even if you are coming in the afternoon, tick the booking full day box if you intend to rent the bike all day (€10 additional). Please select the morning slot for the day you wish to rent and you can arrive for the morning or the afternoon. If you encounter any issues booking please call us on 01-2942782 Remember to fill out your Bike Rental Agreement form before you arrive! https://thegapsinead.wpengine.com/bike-rental-agreement-terms-conditions/
Nukeproof Giga 290 Comp Carbon Bike (Deore)
The Giga 290 Comp Carbon is entry-level super-enduro trail-slayer from Nukeproof. Rolling faster with greater stability and control than anything you have ever experienced. Plus, the addition of 29″ wheels wrapped in wide tyres give you the confidence to hit larger features and tame rougher terrain. And, all of this hardcore and versatile performance comes at an exceptional price-point.
RockShox Suspension and Shimano Deore 12-Speed Groupset
This Giga-model rolls upon 29″ wheels and is equipped with an ultra-strong and lightweight carbon frame, 180mm travel from a RockShox Zeb Charger fork and a Super Deluxe Select rear shock. Driven forwards by a slick shifting Shimano Deore 1×12-Speed groupset with a wide ranging 10-51-tooth cassette and Deore 4-Pot hydraulic disc brakes, this bike is ready for steep descents and technical climbs. All this control and power is maintained thanks to fast spinning Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 wheels wrapped in high-grip and ultra-reliable Michelin Wild Enduro Tubeless tyres.
Gluttony – Habitual Greed or Excess
As riders, we are all guilty of the gluttonous sin; we never stop striving, never stop pushing, enough is never enough in the hunt for the ultimate. It’s a constant push for bigger, longer, rougher and faster with ever increasing demands on the performance and capabilities of our bike. The pursuit is endless.
It’s a motto that athletes like Sam Hill live by. The new Nukeproof Giga is the embodiment of this idea; Designed to be the ultimate hard-hitting Super-Enduro weapon for when you just need more.
Super Enduro Bike for Riding Terrain Anywhere on Earth
The Giga is a seriously capable machine, with 180mm (27.5”) or 170mm (29”) rear travel; the Giga is a monster truck of a bike that has travel in reserve for when you need it. But to pigeonhole it as a point and shoot machine would be a disservice as it is so much more capable than this might suggest! Due to the way that it uses its travel; the Giga gives you the feel of a big bike, yet the versatility of a modern super-enduro bike. The Giga has a dynamic and confidence inspiring ride to help you push your limits in all kinds of terrain. It’s equally at home at big mountain technical enduro stages of venues like La Thuile, as it is lapping the biggest lines in the Whistler bike park.
Responsive, Supportive and Progressive Suspension Performance
The suspension is designed to be super supple off the top, whilst being supportive in the mid stroke and progressive throughout the rest of the travel. The anti-squat is optimised to ensure the Giga descends like a hooligan yet behaves itself on the climb back to the top for the next run.
The suspension platform is based on the same horseshoe driven linkage as our award-winning Dissent downhill frame, albeit now with a 2-stage main pivot flip chip. Using an eccentric axle system, riders can alter the Kinematic progressivity; so the bike can be tailored to suit the conditions on the trail with only an 8mm allen key.
Adjustable Suspension Progression:
- Setting 1 = 25.5% progression
- Setting 2 = 29% progression
Both settings have a super supple beginning for small bump compliance. They also both have good mid-stroke support for better cornering and pumping. Like the Dissent, the progression drops off in the end stroke to prevent mid-stroke harshness or spiking and allows more tuning options with volume spacers.
The + Progressive setting can be used to add shock progression on a coil set up just like adding a volume spacer to an air shock. The added suppleness is also good in wet and slippery conditions.
High-Quality Uni-Directional Carbon Fibre Frame
The Giga Frame is constructed completely from UD 700/800 Carbon fibre. This allowed Nukeproof to optimise the stiffness and compliance of the frame parts individually. The front triangle has been tailored for stability and precision, whilst the rear triangle was designed for compliance to help tracking and provide grip. Another bonus of the carbon rear triangle is that it has a lower un-sprung mass for ultimate suspension performance.
Available in 5 sizes (Small to XXL) in either 27.5” or 29” wheel size, there is the perfect fit for everyone. The frame geometry is Long, Low, Slack and Steep as it is based around Nukeproof’s saddle offset principle, which ensures the seated riding position is tailored across all sizes, with steeper seat angles on bigger frames. The Seat tube is also designed for maximum seat post insertion to allow maximum drop.
Water Bottle and Accessory Mount and Integrated Rear Mud Guard
The Giga is also sculptured to fit a 750ml water bottle (carbon bottle cage included) as well as an accessory mount under the top tube for emergency trail tools. All models also feature an integrated rear mud guard and plenty of clearance for up to 2.5” tyres. The frames feature a clear paint protection kit as standard with 3D contoured rubber downtube, seat and chain stay protection.
RockShox Suspension and Shimano Deore 12-Speed Groupset
The Nukeproof Giga 290 Comp Carbon Bike (Deore) is considered the entry point to the Giga complete range. However, this is still a bike that outperforms most other bikes in this category. The Comp features suspension from the awesome new Rockshox ZEB fork and custom tuned Super Deluxe shock combined with Shimano’s bulletproof Deore 12 speed drive train and powerful 4 pot brakes. All finished with Nukeproof Neutron dependable finishing kit. All Giga models are tubeless ready with pre-taped rims and Michelin’s Wild Enduro tyres as standard.
The Nukeproof GIGA: Gluttony is not a sin.
- Frame: Nukeproof Giga 290 Carbon, 170mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, adjustable main pivot, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS
- Fork: RockShox Zeb, Charger R damper, 180mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Black
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select R, Custom LIN L tune, 205x60mm, Trunnion with Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted.
- Front Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29″, 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29″, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR; Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29” x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: Shimano Deore M6100 12 Speed Crank, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano Deore M6100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Deraileur: Shimano Deore M6100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05, black
- Brakes: Shimano Deore M6120 4 pot brake, Resin Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron V2 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm, XXL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon Enduro, Black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm drop; M:150mm drop; L/XL/XXL: 170mm Drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Accessories: Nukeproof Carbon Water Bottle Cage
- Weight: 15.5Kgs/34lbs (Tubeless)
- Material: Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre
- Fork Travel: 180mm
- Axle to Crown: 591mm
- Fork Offset: 42mm
- Rear Travel: 170mm
- Wheels Size: 29″
- Max Tyre Size: 2.5″
- Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated): 30%
- Shock Size: 230×62.5mm
- Shock Hardware F: 25x8mm
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 – T2 / ZS56/40 – B8
- Bearings Required: 2x 6901-2RS MAX, 4x 6902-2RS MAX, 2×6804-2RS MAX, 2x 6900-2RS MAX
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 180mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS