IMPORTANT: In response to the current Corona pandemic we will only be assigning one rental bike per person per day. This is to accommodate proper sanitation of helmets, elbow pads, knee pads and bikes. On the system you will see only the morning slot as an option, SELECT THE MORNING SLOT even if you are coming in the afternoon, tick the booking full day box if you intend to rent the bike all day (€10 additional). Please select the morning slot for the day you wish to rent and you can arrive for the morning or the afternoon. If you encounter any issues booking please call us on 01-2942782 Remember to fill out your Bike Rental Agreement form before you arrive! https://thegapsinead.wpengine.com/bike-rental-agreement-terms-conditions/
Nukeproof Mega 290 Pro Alloy Bike (GX Eagle)
The Mega 290 Pro Alloy features an Enduro World Series proven frame design that was optimised in partnership with Sam Hill. Also, this pro-race bike is equipped with RockShox Select+ Lyrik forks and a Super Deluxe rear shock, giving it exceptional trail stability and boosts your confidence significantly over rough terrain. Plus, it’s armed with a SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed groupset with SRAM Guide RE hydraulic disc brakes for outstanding climbing ability, all day riding efficiency and powerful braking performance in all weathers. And, it rolls upon Nukeproof Neutron V2 wheels wrapped in Michelin Wild Enduro tyres that are ideal for riding anywhere across all terrain conditions.
The Nukeproof Mega: an “enduro bike” that was ahead of its time. Originally developed and later named after the race it was designed for on the infamous trails of Alp D’Huez.
Multiple World Series Championship Victories
To date the Mega platform is one of the most highly decorated race bikes on the market: with the 2017, 2018 (x2) and 2019 Enduro World Series Titles; a Downhill World Championship top 10 and a Silver Medal at the 4x World Championship to its name. (As well as a host of other national and international victories and titles!)
Optimised Enduro Race Performance
Since 2009 the Nukeproof Mega has been constant path of development to meet the evolving demands of our riders and customers alike. The Nukeproof team are relentlessly striving for improvements and with each generation the Mega has been chiselled and shaped into today’s thoroughbred Enduro race bike. With the launch of the 2020 Carbon Mega 290c, you could forgive their designers for resting on their laurels. However, as Nukeproof products are developed between the tapes, there is a constant desire to hone and refine in order to give Nukeproof athletes and riders the best possible chance of standing on top of the podium.
Improved Sizing, Fit and Geometry
Designed as an evolution of the ultimate Enduro bike, the new Mega V4 has been fully reimagined for 2021 to offer optimised sizing/fit, improved Geometry and suspension kinematics on a brand new Aluminium chassis. Most importantly you can now fit a water bottle inside the main front triangle!
High Quality Alloy Frame Construction:
The new Alloy Mega features a full custom triple butted hydro-formed 6061-T6 Aluminium tube set and forged parts. It is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size so that you can get the most out of every ride.
Whilst humans may not have changed size much in recent years; the bikes they choose to ride most certainly have. To ensure a perfectly dialled fit Nukeproof now offer 5 frames sizes: Small through to XX-Large with evenly spaced jumps between each.
Lower, longer, steeper and slacker! The Mega’s new geometry is now designed around the saddle offset for each size to optimise seated weight distribution. This results in steeper seat angles across the board but especially on larger sizes for taller riders. This in turn results in longer reach figures to ensure a comfortable cockpit on each size. To further aid the perfect fit we have also used shorter seat tubes which are designed to maximise seat post insertion depths. Finally, all new Mega bikes are now designed to use short offset forks to further improve both climbing and descending capabilities.
To step-change the Mega’s suspension design Nukeproof went back to the drawing board and started afresh. They redesigned the Mega 4 bar horst linkage to be super supple over small bumps, progressive and supportive throughout the mid stoke for support when pedalling, cornering and pumping, with increased end stroke leverage to allow more tuning options with volume spacers. The new kinematic is designed to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but this reduces as you drop down the cassette. The result is a bike that is more confidence inspiring everywhere on the hill. It behaves itself on the climbs but can still be thrashed through the roughest and most technical terrain on the way back down.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega V4 290 Alloy, 160mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select + Charger 2.1 RC 170mm, 42mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom LIN L1 HOTDOG S320 tune, 230×62.5mm, Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron V2 29″, Tubeless Ready, 32h, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron V2 29″, Tubeless Ready, 32h, SRAM XD Driver with 36 points of engagement, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant 7K Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1275 EAGLE 10-52T
- Chain Guide: Nukeproof Chain Guide without bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm, XXL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon Enduro, black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm drop; M:150mm drop; L/XL/XXL: 170mm Drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Weight: 14.6Kgs/32.2lbs (Tubeless)
- Material: Hydroformed 6061-T6 Triple-Butted Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Axle to Crown: 582mm
- Fork Offset: 42mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
- Wheels Size: 29″
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6″
- Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated): 30%
- Shock Size: 230×62.5mm
- Shock Hardware F: 25x8mm
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 – T2 / ZS56/40 – B8
- Bearings Required: 4x F6802 LLU MAX, 4x 6902 LLU MAX, 2x F6902 LLU MAX-EA
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 34.9mm
- BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 180mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS