* THE PARK IS INTENDED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN AGED 8 AND UPWARDS WILL NEED TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES *
Advance bookings made on-line will be charged to your account at the time you make your booking. You will receive an email confirming your booking and directing you to sign the waiver. When you fill out the waiver you will be automatically emailed a copy. Bring this with you on the day to save time during sign in at the visitor centre!
IF WE HAVE TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR BOOKING:
Occasionally, we may be required to cancel the uplift at short notice for operational or safety reasons (e.g. snow/ice/fallen trees, high winds). If this situation arises we will try and give as much notice as possible and will give you a full refund or transfer your booking to another date.
IN CASE OF EXPECTED BAD WEATHER CHECK THE HOME PAGE OF THE GLENCULLEN BIKE PARK WEBSITE FOR WEATHER WARNINGS. DURING AN ORANGE WARNING THE PARK IS OPEN, BUT CUSTOMERS MAY MOVE THEIR BOOKING TO ANOTHER AVAILABLE DAY SHOULD THEY WISH TO. DURING A RED WARNING THE PARK WILL BE CLOSED, AND CUSTOMERS MAY CHOOSE TO EITHER MOVE THEIR BOOKING OR RECEIVE A FULL REFUND. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE PROVIDED A VALID PHONE NUMBER & EMAIL ADDRESS WITH YOUR BOOKING AS PARK CLOSURES WILL BE ADVISED VIA EMAIL /TEXT EARLY ON THE MORNING OF THE CLOSURE, OR VIA THE FACEBOOK PAGE.
Glencullen Adventure Park will take no financial responsibility for any other costs incurred for these cancellations (for example travel or accommodation costs). It is important that the contact number and email address left when booking are correct, so we are able to get hold of you should we need to cancel. Please check your emails and texts before you set off.
Please note, rain does not usually affect our service and we will not usually cancel for these conditions.
At times if there is no one booked on for a ‘full days’ uplift or there are less than three people booked in, then Glencullen Adventure Park reserve the right to close the service for that day – please refer to the ‘Book now’ page to check, if click the selected day it will tell you how many seats are remaining. We strongly recommend booking online to avoid disappointment.
IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR BOOKING:
Uplift, Day Passes and Events:
Up to 8 days before the date for which you originally booked:
- You may transfer your booking to another day, subject to availability free of charge.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a €5 per person cancellation fee for the uplift and events, €2 per person for the entrance.
Between 7 days and 2 days before the date you originally booked,
- You may transfer your booking it to another day, subject to availability, subject to a €5 per person admin fee for the uplift and events, €2 per person for the entrance.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a €10 per person cancellation fee for the uplift and events, €3 per person for the entrance.
- Subject to our consent we may be able to transfer your booking to another named person up to 48 hours before the uplift. After which cancellation charges will apply.
- Within 48 hours, full charge and no amendments can be made.
In the event of extreme weather, we may be forced to close the park for safety reasons. It is important you provide a valid mobile phone number & email address at the time of booking as we will use this to contact you as soon as possible if we must close the park.
What do the red and orange weather warnings mean?
All riders should look at the homepage of the GAP website/Facebook page prior to setting out to see if there are any weather warnings in place:
Orange: Glencullen Adventure Park intends to open but there is a high likelihood of bad weather which could potentially disrupt your visit. An orange light means you need to be prepared that some trails may be closed as a safety precaution, and that the uplift could be affected – if the weather worsens the park may need to shut. During orange warnings visitors may request to move their booking to another available date at no cost should they wish to. Requests to move bookings are to be made by email to [email protected] noting your order reference number.
Red: Extreme weather is expected, and the trail network and uplift will be closed. If the traffic light system shows Red for the current / following day, all customers who have pre-booked can choose to either receive a refund or to move their booking to another available date via the reception team. If there is a red weather warning, please do not come to Glencullen Adventure Park. To arrange to move your booking to a different date or for a refund please e-mail [email protected] – noting your order reference number.
Bookings of whole buses and packages
- Within 2 weeks full charge.
- Within 1 month 60% cancellation charge
- Within 48 hours, full charge.
- Within 2 weeks 60% cancellation charge
- Within 1 month 40% cancellation charge
No refund will be given for any bookings cancelled 48 hrs before they are due to use the any service including but not exclusively uplift, entrance and hire. Please be aware of this when you book. All bookings except day passes incure a €5 admin fee per person per booking.
CHILDREN – Children aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times (including on the trails and on the uplift), no adult, no ride, no refund! If a booking is made for a person under the age of 17 you must notify Glencullen Adventure Park as soon as you book, notifying us of who will be accompanying them.
BIKE HIRE T&C’S
You are about to take part in a high risk activity. You will minimise this risk by following the safety rules and advice in the mountain biker’s responsibility code. If you don’t follow the safety rules and advice you could have a serious accident which could be fatal.
Hire bikes are assessed by a qualified mechanic prior to being hired but please make sure that you follow the Mountain Bikers Checklist for your own safety (please request a copy if you are not familiar with it), and assess your bike before riding each run.
THE HIRER IS RESPONSIBLE for the bike and the equipment and will be liable for any loss or damage to the bike or equipment.
POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION – is required from each hirer plus a permanent address and car registration
PAYMENT for hiring is due before or at commencement of hiring. Delays in returning rental bikes will be charged for a half day or a full day depending on which you booked.
LOSS AND DAMAGE – The hirer will be liable to pay in full the cost of any loss or damage of the bike/equipment.
Any damage will be charged for at cost price. Rental bikes should only be ridden on the grade of trail that they are designed for. Any bikes found to have been ridden on a trail above the grade they are designed for will have their damage deposit withheld.
SECURITY – bikes must not be left unattended at any time unless locked securely. Overnight hire is not permitted, bikes must be returned to Glencullen Adventure Park at the end of each day.
PHOTO ID (drivers licence or passport will be required and retained during hire period) and a credit card imprint will be kept during hire.
Bikes rented for the day must be returned by 5PM (4:00 winter), AM only rentals must be returned by 1PM (12:30 winter). Late bikes will be charged at €5 for every 15 minutes.
HELMETS are mandatory, if you do not have one you will be required to hire one. No bike will be hired without a full-face helmet (either your own or hired).
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Glencullen Adventure Park reserves the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these terms and conditions at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unforeseen, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
From time to time some trails may have to be closed for routine maintenance work – we will try and give you the most up to date information of any closures on the day of your uplift however this cannot always be guaranteed.
Glencullen Adventure Park will take no responsibility for any items left unattended on the bus and strongly advise against bringing valuables with you.
It is your responsibility to ensure your bike is securely loaded on the uplift trailer, any questions please ask the driver to help.
Fat bikes do not fit on our trailers, if you arrive with a fat bike you will not be entitled to a refund.
Security & privacy
No 3rd parties
We will not pass your details on to any third party.
Your credit/debit card details
We do not hold your payment details on file. All sensitive information goes through Stripe, our payment provider who keep it safe.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 01 2942782 or email [email protected]
Glencullen Adventure Park reserve the right to change its Terms and Conditions at any time.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
YOU ARE ABOUT TO TAKE PART IN A HIGH-RISK ACTIVITY. YOU WILL MINIMISE THIS RISK BY FOLLOWING THE SAFETY RULES AND ADVICE IN THE MOUNTAIN BIKERS RESPONSIBILITY CODE AND THE MOUNTAIN BIKE AND EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST. IF YOU DON’T FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES AND ADVICE YOU INCREASE THE LIKLEHOOD OF A SERIOUS ACCIDENT WHICH COULD BE FATAL.
- I understand that Mountain Biking is dangerous and includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing. I accept that there is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
- I understand that I must wear a helmet at all times and that a full-face helmet, eye protection, body armour and gloves are highly recommended.
- I agree that I will follow the Mountain Bikers Responsibility Code at all times
- I agree to check my bike and equipment as per the bike park rules at the start of the day, before each run and after any crash.
- In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to my personal effects, I acknowledge that the company, its sponsors and any associated parties will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with the activities (except for death or Personal Injury caused by the Company’s negligence).
- I certify that to the best of my knowledge I do not have a medical condition which might have the effect of making it more likely that I be involved in an incident which could result in injury to myself or to others.
It is important that everyone who uses Glencullen Bike Park takes note of the following Health and Safety advice:
- Mountain Biking, like any extreme sport, is dangerous and includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing. There is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
- Trails are graded according to ability, ensure that you are competent to ride each trail. If in doubt start on the easier trails and work your way up.
- Always perform a recce ride of any trails you intend to ride; trails change with weather conditions and from continual trail amendments and improvements, do not assume they will always be exactly the same each time you visit.
- Follow the Mountain Bikers Responsibility Code
- Children aged 16 and under need to be supervised by a parent or guardian (over 18 years of age) at ALL times
- You must ALWAYS wear a helmet. We also strongly advise you wear a full-face helmet, eye protection, gloves and body armour. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HELMET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE IN THE PARK OR USE THE UPLIFT SERVICE.
- Read and adhere to all advice signs while using the trails.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment is fit for purpose